Requirements for all membership applications
- For membership in The Marksmen Club (T.M.C.) we require that you be in possession of the following; A valid Restricted Possession And Acquisition License and a valid Ontario drivers license.
- Canadian Shooting Sports Association membership is a mandatory condition of T.M.C. membership. The annual fee is paid directly to the C.S.S.A. and is separate from all T.M.C. membership fees. C.S.S.A. membership provides insurance and other member benefits. Please visit their website for current fees. Canadian Shooting Sports Association.
- You are required to have your application form fully completed, attend an interview at the club, understand and sign our liability waiver and to pay the Safety training fee of $175.00 (no refundable) Other fees apply, please see our rates page.
- You will be required to attend a full day of safety training conducted in our classroom facility, followed by two live fire training session on the firing range. The preferred schedule would 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on a Saturday for the classroom portion and the next two Sundays for the firing range portion.
All instruction is provided by fully qualified C.S.S.A. handgun instructors.
Clauses for all applicants:
I acknowledge that my application will be reviewed by the T.M.C. Board Of Directors, and may require investigations to be carried out concerning any statements or declarations made by me in this application.The Board Of Directors have my permission to carry out such investigations as they deem necessary concerning my character and my background for the purpose of reviewing this application.I acknowledge the T.M.C. is under no obligation to accept my application for membership.
I acknowledge that my membership may be declined without a reason being given.
If accepted I pledge to conform to the Rules, Regulations, Constitution and By-Laws of the T.M.C.
Annual Membership Fees
Single adult membership (18 yrs.+) fee (Jan.1 to Dec.31) is $450.00 (HST included)
Family membership (defined below) fee (Jan.1 to Dec.31) is $600.00 (HST included)
The definition of a “family ” for the purpose of a T.M.C. membership is, an adult couple and their children/grandchildren under the age of 18. All identification must be included on club application
Our fee structure is made up of these four items listed below:
- Club initiation fee; $500.00
- Safety training course $175.00 (per person)
- Door access card $20.00
- Annual membership fee (pro rated to December 31 of the first year you joined)
The Safety training course fee covers a one-day classroom instruction, study materials & supplies, written & practical test, two (2) closely supervised range shooting sessions using T.M.C. supplied .22 caliber handguns, ammunition and targets. All our safety instructors are fully qualified and certified.
The Club initiation fee, is paid when becoming a new full single adult member or primary family member of the club.
A deposit of $175.00 is required before being scheduled for a training course.
Applicants must possess a valid restricted firearms license ( R.P.A.L.) and current CSSA Membership.
Fees may be paid at the club canteen via Cash, M/C, Visa & Debit
(all fees are non-refundable)
Canadian Shooting Sports Association
Please note we do not collect fees for the C.S.S.A. on your behalf, however you are required to have C.S.S.A. membership to maintain your Marksmen Club membership. Please ensure you follow through and submit your fee to them and possess there membership card. We will periodically ask to inspect your membership card for the C.S.S.A. to ensure compliance. Don’t risk your T.M.C. membership!